Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Detox....

I think I'm going to spend the day juicing and eating smoothies. If I can make it.

I'm an eater. I love food. Really love food. But I think every once in a while it's good for your system if you give it a rest and allow it to spend energy JUST on elimination instead of digestion.

Plus, I ate a TON of food yesterday that was NOT healthy, for whatever reason I'm not sure, and I think I'd like to take the day and hopefully flush that sugar monster out of my system. A bunch of green juices usually does that trick!

I'll report back on how it goes....

3 comments:

  1. Getting rid of the sugar monster is such a challenge but after 2 weeks you just won't crave it at all!

    I love to eat too but I agree that detox is not only good for your body but mentally too. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking of food and when you detox there is nothing to think about! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - interested in trading links with a related blog? I can link to you at http://detoxrecipe.net - I think it would be mutually beneficial. please let me know at jwalkmail@gmail.com
    -Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ameena...I think the hardest part is just getting it out of your system. The next day you just want it SO BADLY!! Lots of water, too...

    ReplyDelete