Monday, November 16, 2009

Healthy Trail Mix

One of the snacks I sometimes snack on, especially if I know I'm going to be in the car for an extended time, or maybe out to the movies with the family, is this homemade granola concoction I came up with!

I open up a bag and grab a heaping handful of this Kashi Go Lean cereal. It is PACKED with protein and fiber!!!

Then I grab another heaping helping of this LIVE RAW granola I got at Wholefoods (or you can order off the internet.) It is completely ALIVE with sprouted Organic Buckwheat Groats, Organic Oats, sprouted flax seed and Organic Raisins!
Then...to make it extra yummy. I add a scoop of Organic Chocolate chips and a scoop of organic dried cranberries!

This is seriously so good, so good for you and not only hits the spot and keeps me WAY satisfied until my next meal but tastes just dang GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I snack on that all the time! In fact, just this morning I was out the door in such a hurry, I poured a tiny bag full of Kashi and dumped in granola. Great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete