Monday, November 23, 2009

Woot!!!!

Today is starting out on the right foot! :) It was weigh in day.... I've lost another 2 lbs. making my total 11 pounds on the nose! Woot woot!!! I've easily got another 7-10 lbs I'd like to lose, but this is the EASIEST way I've ever lost weight before. AND...best of all I feel fantastic, not deprived!!

Yesterday I had my normal breakfast of oats, granny smith apples, cinammon, dates and flaxseed. Wonder if I'll ever get tired of that breakfast??? Nah! it is just so good, and so filling.

We all went to church and I wore this really cute bright pink blouse with a black pencil skirt. One that has been sitting in my closet collecting dust for a while now. Let me tell you....I must have gotten 30 compliments, even from total strangers yesterday in that outfit. I might just have to wear that EVERYWHERE now! LOL I felt good best of all. THAT's a great feeling.

After church we were all starving so we picked Jason's Deli to eat at. Do you all have a Jason's Deli near you??? The salad bar ROCKS! I unfortunately didn't take any photos of my salad before I wolfed it down but in it I had Organic mixed greens, spinach, peas, chickpeas, kidney beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, onions, red peppers, hummus, broccoli, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and this really awesome Organic low fat french dressing. It was SOOOOOO good! I love that my salad usually resembles some monstrosity that is going to topple over if I don't eat it...quickly! All those glorious nutrients just waiting to be consume. Hmm, hmmm, good!!!

Last night I had every intention of eating dinner with the family, even had it all prepared and then a friend of mine, in from Alaska (who was actually going to stay with us but has children that vomited on the plane and opted for a hotel room instead...thank you!) called and wanted to meet up for dinner.

So I finished up the meal I prepared for the family and headed out.

I left my family with a hearty spaghetti dish that I was really eyeballing, excited about left overs for today.

First I browned up a packaged of Tofurky italian sausages (ha ha...take that hubby...let's see if you realize you are eating tofu in these babies!!!)
I roasted some tomatoes to bring out their flavors....
Added a jar of marinara sauce, tomato sauce, sundried tomatoes, onions, the tofurky and roasted tomatoes to make up the sauce. It smelled divine and the wee taste I had was even better!

I was going to do some zucchini pasta for myself if I had eaten at home, but since I wasn't staying I just boiled up some whole wheat pasta for everyone else instead.

The hubby said everyone enjoyed it, alot!

I didn't let him in on my little tofu secret....shhhh!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I bet you looked' smokin' in your church outfit.

    Sadly, we have no Jason's Deli, but you know I love the salad bars!

    Have a great day, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tiff....I can just picture you and your cute self in that outfit.

    How come, every time I read your blog I get hungry?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you rocked that outfit yesterday - I don't doubt you looked like a million bucks. Isn't that the best when you get so many nice compliments?

    I am digging that tofurkey sausage stuff. Wonder if Chris will ever know if I try cooking with it? Teeheehee...

    As for the half - I haven't yet booked my flight because right now the airfares are really expensive, but I'll probably fly in Friday afternoon/night and come back Sunday night. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete