Sunday, November 22, 2009

On the hunt for pumpking soup...

The other day I was over at "Oh She Glows" blog and saw this easy peasy Pumpkin Soup recipe. I was so eager and excited because I LOVE me some pumpkin soup. The last time I think I had any was on our honeymoon cruise over ELEVEN years ago and when I saw this recipe I thought "dynomite!" I need some of THAT! Unfortunately the whole family thought it was really watery with only a hint of pumpkin flavor. Sorry Angela!! :( I think next time I'll decrease the amount of almond milk and vegetable broth. Or look for another recipe. Anyone have one that they LOVE with robust pumpkin flavor, that's vegan???

It looked pretty though! :)
The salad though rocked! I mixed romaine and spinach with organic dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and some pecans that I roasted in maple syrup and cinnamon. YUMMO. The dressing was Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and a touch of Agave nectar. I think I wolfed this salad down, along with all the remaining bits on everyone else's plate when they were done! :)

On a side note. I'm currently training for the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon held March 2010! I've always wanted to do something like this, but have never been able to come out of the training period without serious injuries. This time, even though I'm itching to go farther, I'm adhering to the training schedule by the BOOK! This happens every time to me...I get in pretty good running shape and want to go farther, too quickly and it always results in injuries. So I feel like I'm a horse at the races, at the shoot just raring to be let loose.

Saturday, hubby was out for the day and I was scheduled to run 4 miles. I had the boys of course so we loaded up their bikes in the back of the car and headed down to the local park that has a .8 mile loop. We did 5 loops. It definitely wasn't as serene as my normal runs are when I'm not worried about boys going too slow, too fast, needing water breaks but not allowed to stop per me :) But hey...we accomplished our task! The boys had fun too and said they'd do it with me again anytime!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo excited about the half in March!! It will be great to see you again. Sorry the pumpkin soup didn't turn out so well - I know how good that soup usually is, too. Oh well - trial and error, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I am too! It makes it so much sweeter! What days are you thinking you are going to fly in and out??? I'm soooo excited!!! Each time I think about it I get more and more pumped!!!

    ReplyDelete